El Gouna is a modern resort located 25 km north of Hurghada. In El Gouna you can not get bored. Come alone or with your family.The sun, the fresh air and the sea are not all that await you here.
El Gouna is a modern resort located 25 km north of Hurghada. The project of this town was made by the famous designer that's why this place is so unique and fabulous. There are many outstanding hotels located on the islands and a lot of modern Nubian style apartments. A Golf courses, gardens full of greenery, winding streets and passageways, Venetian style arhictectural features and waterways - all of these allow you to relax in true European style. Numerous restaurants, cafes, bars, night clubs are only part of a wide range of entertainment which are on offer for tourists in El Gouna.
Use the best equipment and experience professional service in a variety of sports such kitesurfing, windsurfing, diving, squash - the choice is yours! Try riding a horse in the desert, or test your golf skills on the professional golf-course. Regardless of your interests you would will find what you need here… And if you want to relax, clear and refresh the mind - El Gouna will reveal another facet or reveal another side. You can visit the artistic town, take advantage of a world-class spa, relax your mind at the Club 88 or listen to live music in one of the local restaurants ... At the end of the day you can go for a delicious dinner at the modern Marina.
From North to South:
- Mangroovy Beach – most northern part of El Gouna. RedSeaZone is located here. In the near future Mangroovy Beach will become an Island with newly built green golf course behind.
- Abu Tig Marina – most elegant part of the town with luxurious boats and yachts anchored in the harbor. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and clubs to suit everyone’s taste.
- Downtown – most local part of the town where you will find small shops, local restaurants, supermarkets, Egyptian fast food, stalls with vegetables, fruits and spices. Ideal place for a stroll and discovering what is hidden around the next corner. Most of El Gouna residents live here, where you will also find hospital, library, universities, museum, pharmacy and mosque. Don’t miss out Kafr and Art Village to indulge in local art shops and cafeterias.
- Golf Villas/White Villas – luxurious villas and apartments surrounded by turquoise lagoons, flanking the fairways to give an enchanting character to this part of the town.
- Abydos Marina – here you will find harbor for the diving boats and other small motorboats. Airsrip and church are also located in this part of the town.
El Gouna is a small town with countless means of transport. You will never wait more than few minutes to be picked up and you can go from one side of the town to another within 15 minutes.
You can choose from regular line bus, boat taxi or specific for Asia and Southern America colorful tok-toks.
Once you need a tok-tok, just go out and you will find it immediately. One way ride costs 5 LE.
You can also use the following:
- Limousine – taxi on - call, price per one transfer within El Gouna – 15 LE. Transport outside El Gouna upon request. Tel.: +2 012 734 0166
- Shuttle Bus – local buses are scheduled every 15/30minutes depending on the route. One day ticket price: 5LE, 1 week ticket price: 20 LE. Information: El Gouna Info Center.